Fasting is a practice that has been going on for centuries, whereby people abstain from eating either some types of foods or all types of foods or drinks. The fasting periods vary depending on the circumstances. Intermittent fasting, on the other hand, is a cycle between eating and fasting. Some people might not know it, but fasting actually has several health benefits, some of which we are going to take a look at in this article.
Promotes Blood Sugar Control
The risk of conditions like diabetes is lowered when one is fasting due to the fact that it could reduce insulin resistance in the body, promoting blood sugar control. This means that the body becomes more sensitive to insulin, keeping the blood sugar steady.
Fasting means that the body can fight off acute inflammation to promote better health.
Improves the Health of the Heart
The heart is one of the leading causes of death across the world, and its health could be improved by fasting, since it reduces bad cholesterol (LDL), decreases blood pressure, and triglycerides levels. The chances of getting diabetes are also greatly lowered.
Boosts Brain Function and Prevent Neurodegenerative Disorders
One of the major health advantages of fasting is the fact that it could boost the brain function and structure through the generation of nerve cells for better cognitive function, and relieving inflammation. The nerve cell synthesis is increased, protecting people against conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss
Weight loss is something that many people are struggling with. It seems almost impossible for some, while for others it is easy. In this part of the article, we are going to take a look at intermittent fasting tips, by The Smart Consumer, knowing that it works with weight loss.
Tips to Make Fasting Easier
- Drinking black coffee is known to keep you energized, and in intermittent fasting, it is important, being that it is known to suppress hunger naturally.
- Sparkling water is known to be carbonated and with zero calories, and it is known to make one feel full due to the carbonation.
- Diet soda also has carbonation and zero calories, like sparkling water.
- Water can also make one feel full.
- Keeping active will drive your mind away from food. Sitting around will most likely make you break the fact.
Intermittent Fasting Meal Plan Example
Below is an example of a weight loss fasting meal plan that you could use. It consists of two meals a day. The meals should be based on body weight and goals. The meal plan below is based on a diet of 1800 calories.
- Wake up at 7 am
- Drink black coffee at 9 am-11am
- Drink diet soda or sparkling water at 11 am- 1 pm
- At 1 pm, eat an 800 calorie lunch
- Eat dinner at 5 pm, 800 calories
- From 7 pm onwards, go for a high protein 200 calorie snack
Dieting is a great way of losing weight if you stick to a diet like the one we have mentioned above.