Health experts believe that you should get away from home at least once a year to maintain good mental health. But if you consider the high stress levels associated with modern living then I think we can all agree that leaving the house for a bit of relax time should happen way more than just once a year. You should get out and away from work, home and family stress at least once every three months. This can be tough to accomplish since holiday accommodations can be so expensive. Camping is however a good solution to those that wants to get away more often because it is affordable. Camping is also the holiday or adventure type with the most health benefits.
How to camp for improved health?
If you want to camp for improved health then there are several aspects that should be considered;
- Choose tented camping above accommodation camping. Natural wilderness camping involves a lot more activities like setting up your tent, clearing a fireplace, building a fire place and a lot of other activities that makes camping fun.
- You should have access to fresh water. There is nothing that can affect your health worse than contaminated water.
- Choose a camping location with plenty of activities like hiking trails, biking trails, fishing and more that you can enjoy so you can get more out of your trip and so you can get more exercise.
- Travel far from the city so you can enjoy a lot of fresh air.
- Camping next to a water source like a lake or dam might be chillier but is healthier since there is much more to do.
- Don’t take your tech along on your trip. Technology is bad for cognitive function and you don’t get the stress relief and type of rest that your mind needs.
- Try at least one new thing on your trip. New things are superb for boosting self-confidence and for personal improvement.
- Don’t eat too much or too much unhealthy foods and snacks on your trip. Too much eating makes you feel bloated and too much sugar is bad for your health. Consider healthy camp food recipes while you are having fun in the outdoors.
- Keep costs low on your trip. The last thing you need is more financial stress and inexpensive camping trips means that you can get away more often.
The right gear is of course a must
Enjoyable camping is only possible and safe if you have the right gear. Check out what is new at TentsAndCampGear so you can get a good look at the best possible camping gear to buy for your regular trips. With the right gear you can enjoy easier and inexpensive traveling expeditions. The right gear also makes it possible for you to be healthier and more active during your camping trips because you can do more in less time, sleep better and have a lot more fun if you have the right essentials.