Long treks in the woods. Sleeping out under the stars. The smell of coffee over an open campfire. These all conjure wonderful memories for those of us that have enjoyed camping at various times in our lives. Interestingly enough, you probably didn’t realize it then, but camping is good for your health. And, since it’s good for you and fun too, you should probably do more of it.
But, don’t go on your next camping adventure without the Teton backpack. Weighing in at under 5 pounds, this backpack has it all. You can keep everything you are taking with you organized and even strap your sleeping bag and tent on to it. And, since it is made out of polyester, it’s breathable. Certainly you know what it’s like to carry around a backpack that makes you sweat. No one likes that. So, get your gear together and explore some of the many reasons camping is good for your health.
5 Reasons Camping is Healthy
We are here because we want to be healthy and have fun while doing it. So, what better way than to take a weekend jaunt into the wilderness? Yes, indeed, here are the 5 reasons camping is healthy. And, now that you have access to them, it’s time to start planning your next adventure:
- Fresh air. We all know how polluted the air is in our beloved cities. But get out under the trees and stars and take a deep breath and instantly you will feel better. There’s just something about fresh air that stirs the soul. And, since trees give off lots of very pure oxygen, camping near some is in your best interest. Plus, fresh air improves blood pressure, boosts the immune system, and can even aid in digestion. You really shouldn’t need any more reason than that. Click this for more information.
- Exercise. That word might as well be a four letter one for most of us. But, when you are out in the great outdoors, exploring nature, all that walking and hiking and climbing hardly even feels like exercise. It feels more like adventure and we all love a good one. So, help activate your cardiovascular system and do some good for your lungs and heart.
- Sunshine. In case you were unaware, the sun is actually good for you. It gets a bad rap due to the prevalence of skin cancer, but it can also provide you with much needed Vitamin D. And, in case you didn’t know this either, Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium which is known to strengthen teeth and bones. So, spend some time in the sun and wear the sunblock at the same time. Learn more.
- Peaceful rest. One of the greatest problems today is the inability for people to get a good night’s sleep. There are too many lights, both from streets, and the various gadgetry we flood our homes with. But, when you sleep under the stars in the still quiet of nature you will find that you can function with less inflammation, and that the campfire’s light will increase melatonin making you sleep better in general.
- Decrease stress. This is probably the greatest reason to go camping. We all have too much stress. Getting away from those stressors can ease the symptoms of that malady. You will feel more at ease out in the woods. Leave the technology behind and appreciate God’s creation.
If you need more reasons to take up camping for your health, read this.