“You reap what you sow.” This little life principle greatly applies to your health and happiness because what you do for your body today will greatly affect your future quality of life. It is important to do what you can to improve your physical health as well as mental health as best possible. One of the best ways to boost both of these health needs at the same time is by partaking in a fun sport like baseball. Baseball is fantastic for improving your general health and helps you improve your social life as well as mental health at the very same time. This is definitely a terrific sport to consider if you need a bit of change in your life.
What you need for baseball playing
Baseball is America’s favorite pastime for two major reasons; this sport is great fun and you need relatively little to enjoy this sport. Here is a list of basics you will need to start having fun in this sport;
Players – The game is usually played between two teams of nine players each. But you can also enjoy this game with far less if the game is just enjoyed for good clean fun.
Backpack – You will need a backpack to carry all the gear like protectors, balls and bats.
Bat – You can choose between a rounded solid wood and a rounded hollow aluminum bat.
Ball – A baseball bat specifically is a must because it has a cork sphere and is layered with yarn or string with a leather coat.
Gloves – You will need leather player gloves as well as a batting glove. On dugoutdebate.com you can check out the best batting gloves on the market.
Headwear – Baseball caps are worn by all players but you will also need a catcher’s helmet with face mask and a batting helmet.
Protective clothing – Jockstraps, leg and knee protectors and even an upper body straps can also be a good idea for tough games.
Uniform – Uniforms are only required for competing.
10 health benefits of baseball
Any sport can be tremendously healthy for your body. The important thing is to get off your chair and to start moving around and having fun. When you enjoy baseball you will also get the following health benefits;
- The game involves a lot of running, batting, jumping and more which is fantastic cardio exercise to strengthen your heart.
- Swinging the bat and throwing the ball is excellent for developing strong arm muscles.
- The game also includes a lot of jumping, squatting and running which is great for developing strong legs.
- Your hand and eye coordination is boosted a lot.
- You will lose a lot of weight because all the running is excellent for burning calories.
- Baseball reduces stress a lot.
- The sport is also fantastic for developing your social skills and for making new friends.
- You boost your overall fitness and health.
- Lots of sunlight is a terrific source of Vitamin D for your body.
The game boosts your mind a lot because you have to make a lot of split-second decisions and strategies are often used in this game.