Most families around the world own at least one pet, most people owning cats, dogs, or both. Others own friends with feathers or scales. Pets can have fur that can be harmful to our health. This is especially for people with allergies and other conditions. In this article, we are going to look at tips to stay healthy around pets.
Choose the right pet
Not everyone will be compatible with every pet, and it is therefore very important for people to go for the right pets. Some of the other things to take into consideration include the other people who live in the house such as kids. You wouldn’t want to have a pet rodent, reptile, or amphibian around your 3-year-old. You will also need to take into consideration the pet’s needs.
Keep your pet healthy
When your pet is healthy, you’re healthy. Keeping the pet healthy means a good diet, fresh water, shelter, exercise, and regular check up by the vet. It’s important to ensure that the pet has all its vaccinations, de-worming, and flea and tick control to protect the pet and its owner, from certain diseases.
Practice good hygiene
Good hygiene includes washing of hands, and especially after handling pets. The pets can contaminate surfaces around the home and this could lead to diseases or infections. It’s also important to keep pets away from areas where food and drinks are prepared. Clean up after dog poop and change the litter box regularly.
Grooming Brushes for Dogs
Moving on from how to stay healthy around pets, we are now going to focus on grooming, reviewing some of the best grooming brushes for cats and dogs that can be found on the market today according to Pet Care Tools.
Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
If you’re after removing excess dog fur without irritating the skin, this is the perfect grooming brush. It comes with a good design and is made from materials that aren’t harmful to the dog.
- Made of strong, non-irritating materials
- Has a durable handle
- Has 100 mm stainless steel replacement comb
- Easy to use
- Capable of removing up to 80% of loose hair
FURminatorDeshedding Tool for Dogs
Made from stainless steel, this grooming brush is made to go deep under the top coat, losing up to 90% of excess fur courtesy of a FURejector button, which can then remove the refuse from the comb. It also comes with different options to fit the size and coat length of dogs.
- Doesn’t damage the dog coat
- Brushes away loose hair and undercoat
- Minimizes shedding up to 90%
- User-friendly unit
- Has durable and hardwearing yet comfortable design
- Costs more than other brushes
- Might irritate dog skin when used the wrong way
OxGord Pet Brush Grooming Comb
This grooming comb allows for proper distribution of natural oils on the dog skin by removing loose fur. It also stops shedding without irritating the skin. This brush features self-cleaning stainless steel bristles perfect for removing knots.
- Self-cleaning bristles
- Gentle and non-irritable on the skin
- Durable and long-lasting
- Stops excessive shedding of dog and cat hair
- Produces static charge
- Rake doesn’t hold and collect hair on the brush
HappyDogz Pet Grooming Shedding Brush for Dog & Cat Hair
This comb is available in medium and large sizes and works for both cats and dogs. It is gentle and doesn’t irritate even the most sensitive-skin, and comes featuring stainless steel shedding blades and a handle with eyelet for easier, convenient storage. It is suitable for a variety of breeds and sizes, and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Has an ergonomic handle
- Decreases excess shedding by up to 95 percent within minutes
- Gentle on coat and skin of pets
- Suits dogs and cats of different sizes, coats or breeds
- Removable stainless steel shedding blades for easier cleanup
- Durable and well-made product
- Doesn’t catch all the hair
Pet Portal Pro Quality Self Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs and Cats
This brush is suitable for cats and dogs and even removes knots and tangles. It comes with a patented self-cleaning function, a comfortable grip handle, and stainless steel pins that can reach down the deepest and densest coats. It comes with a 5-year guarantee.
- Patented self-cleaning design
- Ergonomic handle
- Eco-friendly product
- Can be used on dogs with sensitive skin
- Has retractable stainless steel pins which take away loose hair, tangles, and knots gently
- 5-year manufacturer guarantee
- Size could be too large for some people
It is important to stay healthy around pets, ensuring that they are in good health and practicing hygiene. It’s also important to keep the pets well-groomed to avoid having fur all over the house, and the brushes mentioned above can do a great job at that.