You are probably tired of reading all the dieting and exercise articles that inundate the web. We are too. We were looking for some of the more bizarre and definitely crazy fun ways to stay in shape. And, since it would appear there are not a lot of reading options, we decided to create our own list of suggestions.
If you recall the craze that was the hoverboard, then you have probably read a little about it on sites like best2wheelelectricscooter.com. It offered a fun way to explore the outdoors. And, though many people would not view it as a means of attaining exercise, the leg strength and endurance required to maintain adequate balance is actually quite impressive. These are the kinds of crazy fun methods for staying in shape we are looking for.
6 Options to Achieving Fun Fitness
Gym routines get boring and the last thing you need is more boredom in your life. So we set out to investigate some activities that might be crazy fun while still adding to our health and well-being. These are our 6 options for achieving fun fitness:
- Hula hooping– Yes, we know it seems like child’s play, but the truth is, you were probably in better physical shape when you were a child than you are now. So, why not revert to those activities that kept your hips slender, your cardio up, and your butt and thighs toned?
- Pole dancing– Ok, ok, we know you will initially feel absolutely ridiculous. However, once the music hits and no one is watching, you will find that there’s a certain intrigue that surrounds the aerobic and upper body strength you build while dancing. Read more.
- Indoor rock climbing– Maybe you would prefer not to have the sun shining down on your head while you pursue your fitness endeavors. This is where indoor activities can prove quite adequate. And, this is especially true when those behaviors incorporate strength and balance building and can knock out 800 calories within an hour! To better understand rock climbing read this.
- Jump rope– Again, we are asking you to revert to your childhood. If you can find some friends to jump rope with all the more fun in the fitness arena. Believe it or not, jumping rope is a full body cardiovascular workout. You can jump rope for 15 minutes and potentially burn 200 calories.
- Fencing– Everybody wants to use a sword, how cool is that? Competition and a fast paced aerobic workout are what’s in store for anyone who decides to add fencing to their list of healthy endeavors. Learn more.
- Join a team– You won’t have to have that negative middle school experience again. This time you can choose to join an extracurricular team. Play softball, run races, or do any other variety of outdoor athletic team based activities. Sometimes it is easier to stay engaged in your health ventures when there are other people who need you and are holding you accountable.
The truth is, it doesn’t really matter what kind of activities you choose to keep yourself in optimal shape. What matters is that you make the effort to pursue good fitness. Eventually you will find a group or exercise that really speaks to your level of enjoyment, and that will help sustain you in your quest to stay in shape.